Monday, March 30, 2009

One Eyed and One Legged


Poor Jake had a rough weekend. It started Saturday morning waking up to his eye hurting so bad he could barely see. It had been hurting for a few days, and finally got to the point he couldn't see. After finding an eye doctor that was in on a Saturday he had a metal sliver removed from the center of his eye. OUCH! After getting it out I guess it leaves air in your eye and he was super light sensitive. So he spent the rest of the day with sunglasses on looking like a terrorist every where we went. He has to follow up with a specialist and get his cornea buffed.
To add to his lovely day he went to the park to retrieve our daughter who had escaped. I looked out the bedroom window to see Jake laying in the grass. Rylee and Josie were standing over him like what do we do. I ran over there to find out he rolled his ankle bad in a hole with Rylee on his shoulders. By the time I helped him hobble home it was 3 times the size it should be.
So the rest of his weekend was spent with his ankle up wearing sunglasses with the lights off and blinds closed. Poor daddy. I didn't dare take a picture of him in case I blinded him so here is a self portrait from Ry's b-day.

8 comments:

Lori said...

Oh my word! Too bad you aren't related to an eye doctor who could buff out that cornea for you! Here's to a speedy recovery and no more injuries! Sorry for laughing at the thought of Rylee and Josie standing over Jake. I'm sure that he made sure that he landed in a way that Rylee wouldn't et hurt and he ended up getting hurt instead.

Jenny Griffin said...

Oh no... I hope he gets feeling better! Let us know if he/you guys need anything!

Jenny Griffin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rod and Jess said...

I have to agree with the first comment - I am so sorry Jake had such a miserable weekend, but I can just picture that cute little stink just standing over him and staring at him! I had to laugh out loud - just a little! Here's to a speedy recovery - and much better week!

Andrea said...

I am so sorry...I hope Josie didn't have anything to do with the fall! I also hope this isn't a sign of the future trouble those two will cause!

Emily Wilde said...

Poor Jake! I hope he gets better quickly. haha maybe if wouldnt have been playing Hollywood with those shades on he would have seen the hole! What luck =( Get better soon!

klamb said...

Haha hehe. Here's laughing at you Jake, cuz you would laugh at me. Good thing you got cute girls to take care of you and baby you. I say tough love, but as far as your eye goes, that sucks, for real.

Jared Pugh said...

Damn it Shane..... I mean Jake, I think Lynly should wrap you in bubble wrap and tuck you in bed for a week so you don't break anything else! I'll buy you a sweet pair of Blue Blocker sunglasses... no I'll steal them from Shane so they are the authentic models! That will keep you from tripping on the "floaters" you see and keep you from twisting your ankle! Hope ya get better dooder!