Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Nicknames


I was reading Lauren's blog and she always does funny cute blogs and I liked her nickname post so I am going to steal it. Picking a name was super hard for us . Talk about major decision you could scare your kid for life if you gave them something they would always be teased with. Jake actually suggested them name Rylee and it took me several months to come around to liking it. I think not everyone was hip on it when we first told them but as they have fallen in love with Rylee they have loved the name. Rylee is super easy to abbreviate and change in to all sorts of nicknames we haven't minded any of them except Jake's grandma called her Annie for the first few days because her name is Rylee Ann. Jake put a quick stop to that one. Here's a few of our favorites.


Rylee's Nicknames
Ry
Ry Ry
Ry Baby
Peanut
Little Girl
Stinky
Little Shit
The Ryster
Ry Bug
Bugger
Nerd
Gomer


Jake's Nicknames
Tim
Timmy
Slick
Slickster
Timmison
Bateman
Master Bateman

Lynly's Nicknames

Nin
Ninny
Hag (only by my loving husband)
Lyn

There are also the hundreds of mispronuciations and misspellings of my name that I answer to on a regular basis.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lyn - Stop calling your baby names or I'm going to turn you in! :-) You forgot one of your nicknames - Leonard. Big sisters never forget!

Ry, Katie, Jack and Ella too! said...

We heard we missed lunch with you guys on Saturday :( You guys are coming to the bridal shower right? I love that picture of Rylee - She is so stinkin cute!

Arin said...

Love the nicknames...especially NERD and GOMER...what can I say, she is a GOMER, we still love her the same!!

Jared Pugh said...

Hey Lynly I personally prefer to call him the "Big Dickhead" or Dooder.

Mandy said...

Lyn, you forgot wif. And I THINK Jared is responsible for the "Little Shit" nickname, right? How nice. Atleast he really likes her and it's not a true judgement of her character! :)

Ry, Katie, Jack and Ella too! said...

We would love to do something tomorrow- I don't have any good ideas though! Let me know if you and Mistie come up with something good!

klamb said...

i know some names we used to call you, like spindle fiber, spinach, spinny, lindle, lynny. I am searching the depths of my memories to come up with more. but, cricket probably tops those names.