Monday, October 11, 2010







I ran the Love Your Body 10 k race on Saturday. Rylee was 100% convinced that she was going to run the race with me. When I had to leave her to start Jake had to peal her off of me kicking and screaming. Becca and her cute sister ran with me and did a great job making me run HARD! We were right on track to finish in just under an hour. We were directed by some race person to run back up a big hill to finish. After reaching the top of the hill we were at 6 miles with no finish line in sight. So we just kept running, finally we finished. The whole time I was watching for my little family because I knew they were there waiting. It made my heart melt to see them there cheering for me. I grabbed Rylee and she ran the last little bit with me. That was the best part of the race.
We found out later that they made a mistake by directing us up the hill and we ended up running over 7 miles. When they realized they had made the mistake they stopped people from running the extra mile so times are all screwed and no one knows how they really did. But who cares. I just enjoy running the races and am always happy to finish them.
The next day Rylee put on my race shirt and her running shoes and ran around the back yard pretending she was running a race. Now if that isn't motivation to keep running I don't know what is.

4 comments:

Kel said...

holy crap!!! An extra mile!!! that is crazy!!!! That serioulsy made me cry that she ran with you!! There is nothing like the support of your family with this running thing...and your right it is PURE MOTIVATION!!! Good job girl!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow impressive but I think you should Riley go next time as far as she can. She seems to love it

Deedra said...

I'm seriously impressed! I could use some of your motivation!

Melissa said...

That's awesome Lynly. I love the pics of Ry running too.