Friday, August 1, 2008

Swim Diapers

Lately there has been a lot of fuss over swim diapers and double diapering your kids to prevent the spread of that nasty pool virus that causes diarrhea for 3 months. I have always followed the rules and put her in one whenever we have been swimming. Today we took the crazy girls to the splash park where Rylee consumed mass amounts of water that she drank off the ground followed by a juice box and a sippy of milk and then she fell asleep on the way home. I stopped and picked up Arin because we were hot to trot to find a baby boutique we heard about. Rylee woke up while we were browsing through the baby stuff and was playing on the floor. I picked her up out of the way and started to feel something running down my legs. No I was not peeing, but Rylee was. She was still in her swim diaper and swim suit. I quickly whispered to Arin that we needed to go and as we left I noticed a puddle on the floor where she had been playing. By the time we got to the car my entire shirt was soaked along with my shorts. Moral of the story swim diapers don't do a damn thing. Our kids are basically just peeing in the pool along with the other 150 kids in the pool. Maybe next time I won't be lazy and take it off even if it isn't wet.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Sounds delicious. I guess you have yet to see if she gets diarrhea for 3 months, huh?

Becca said...

Awesome, purely awesome. I thought for sure you'd mention the blueberry incident.